Emperor Explorer is a contemporary, spacious liveaboard – Emperor Fleet’s new flagship. This 42m boat accommodates 26 guests in 13 well-appointed ensuite cabins all with air-con. Add to that her Spa, spacious diving and relaxation areas and she’s a winner.
Upper deck cabins: 2 double with a single bed and 1 double
Main deck cabins: 2 double with a single bed
Lower deck cabins: 5 double with a single bed and 3 double.
Accommodation & Features
AT A GLANCE
- High quality, newly constructed contemporary liveaboard
- Spa on the main deck
- Choice of spacious dining and relaxation areas
- Visit a local island for a BBQ under the stars
- Dive with manta rays, nurse sharks & whale sharks
- FREE Nitrox and wine with dinner
- 4 dive guides
An open-air dining area at the stern of the main deck. Several sofas and tables await you inside the air-conditioned saloon for relaxing or watching TV. A complimentary glass of wine is served with dinner.
The upper deck boasts a covered, open area ideal for watching photos and footage from your diving or just relaxing, star gazing and soaking up the wonderful Maldivian ambiance.
The sundeck is perfect for catching those sunrays or having a reviving nap.
The Emperor Explorer liveaboard has a choice of two itineraries, The Best of the Maldives, and Deep South & Southern Sharks. Best of the Maldives departs Male, while Deep South alternates from Male to Koodoo to Gan.
All diving is done from Emperor Explorer’s large dhoni (tender), giving you more living space on board and getting you to the perfect dive spot every time. She offers free NITROX, all diving and safety equipment, and four dive guides.
Non-divers are very welcome and get a free snorkeling kit + $50 voucher to spend on board.
Safety: Oxygen/Medic First Aid Kit
Dive equipment rental: Full range on offer, must be arranged before arrival in resort. SMB & dive computer compulsory on every dive, reef hooks are recommended.
Dhoni: Large diving dhoni, camera rinsing tank and fully equipped with compressors, tanks & oxygen kits.
Camera facilities: Charging stations, air gun, rinse tanks & camera table
The Best of The Maldives
This itinerary takes you to all the iconic sites of North Male, South Male, and Ari Atoll. Awaiting you are channels, drifts and pinnacles where you have every chance of meeting manta rays, whale sharks and a wide variety of marine life.
- Rasdhoo Atoll: Hammerhead Dive, Beautiful Reef with Pelagics
- North Ari Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Maaya Thila Night Dive, Multiple Manta Cleaning Stations
- South Ari Atoll: Whale Sharks, Beautiful Pinnacles
- South Male Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Eagle Rays, Other Pelagics, Beautiful Macro Wreck.
- Vaavu Atoll: Beautiful channels with magical soft corals and pelagic delights. Action packed night dive with Nurse Sharks and others.
- North Male Atoll: Beautiful Pinnacles.
Deep South & Southern Sharks
February and March are the best times to sail to the southerly Maldivian atolls and dive into the shark action in these out-of-the-way southern dive sites between Huvadhoo and Addu (Seenu) Atolls. Spend a week away from the madding crowds and dive Foammulah and Huvadhoo on the lookout for the Indian Ocean’s larger residents; tiger sharks, silver tips, grey reef sharks, whale sharks and many, many more.
- Laamu Atoll: Beautiful fish filled channels with great shark encounters.
- Huvadhoo Atoll: Whale sharks at night, abundant grey reef sharks, oceanic blacktip sharks, fast and exciting channel dives – don’t take your eyes off the blue; silky sharks, great hammerhead sharks, mola-mola and bull sharks seen from time to time.
- Foammulah Island/Atoll: Tiger sharks, oceanic manta and thresher sharks. Oceanic Island rising from the deep with incredible visibility.
- Addu Atoll: The most southern atoll of the Maldives, which is located south of the equator and used to be a British Royal Air Force base.
From Male, you are transferred to Laamu (Kadhdhoo) or Addu (Gan) by domestic flight to join your liveaboard. Laamu is an oval-shaped southern atoll, which has some of the top dive sites in the world such as Guraidhoo and Gan. In Foammulah you can expect to meet tiger and silvertip sharks. At Huvadhoo, one of the deepest lagoons in the Maldives, the currents are ideal for even more shark sightings including, hopefully, whale sharks and silkies, hammerheads, tiger and grey sharks spotted most of the time. There are swift channel dives with several kandus; Vilingilli, Nilandhoo, Mareehaa and Kondeey. Addu Atoll hosts the WWII wreck, HMS British Loyalty, as well as popular majestic Manta Cleaning stations with more relaxing sites to either start or ends the trip with too.
This itinerary suits experienced divers (100+ dives) looking for ‘away from it all and different diving’ with quite a focus on drift diving.
WiFi is payable onboard and is subject to availability and signal strength in certain areas. Guests requiring high internet usage should purchase a data SIM upon arrival at Male airport.
You should know…
If you are traveling alone, double with single bed cabins can be booked on a twin share basis with one guest using the double bed and the other the single. To guarantee the double bed a supplement of €35 per week is charged. When the cabin is booked by a couple the single bed can be used as a sofa. A supplement is charged for the Upper and Main deck cabins, details are below.
A 12% sales tax charge is applicable for all payments made in a resort and has been applied to the above ‘Onboard’ rates.
Euros, GBP Sterling, and US Dollars are accepted for cash payments. Visa and MasterCard will be charged in USD converted at the daily bank rate. A 4% surcharge will be applied.
The Explorer offers a luxury liveaboard diving experience with great service on a custom-designed boat.
Live Availability & Pricing