Fulidhoo Dive Resort is a small community-based dive centre offering exceptional dive and ocean experiences to adventure-seeking travellers from around the world. The PADI Five Star Dive Centre offers boat dives, PADI courses, Discover Scuba Diving programs, as well as snorkelling excursions from Fulidhoo Island in Vaavu Atoll.
The Maldives has, over the years, gained a reputation for being an expensive destination to dive. But since a change in the law in 2011 that now allows for the operation of tourist accommodation on local inhabited islands, this is becoming a thing of the past.
Instead of having to stay at one of the expensive resort islands, at Fulidhoo, divers can live among the locals, get a sense of the real Maldives and most importantly – pay an affordable price for comfortable, 3-star accommodation.
Dive/Stay packages are available with 3-star resort Kinan Retreat, a small, intimate hotel next door to the dive centre. Kinan Retreat offers nine comfortable rooms on beautiful Fulidhoo Island, located a few miles from the capital Male and a four-minute walk from the beach. The restaurant offers on-site dining influenced by local and western options.
Staying Connected. Guests can access free high speed internet via WiFi in the hotel and beach area.
Pricing for Fulidhoo Dive Resort 2018
|7 Nights Standard Deluxe Room (twin share) with 10 dives||1210||USD|||||1210|
|7 Nights Super Deluxe Room (twin share) with 10 dives||1405||USD|||||1405|
|7 Nights Standard Deluxe Room (twin share) with 10 dives||1425||USD|||||1425|
|7 Nights Super Deluxe Room (twin share) with 10 dives||1695||USD|||||1695|
|This resort's prices are in USD. The AUD prices shown are based on the current exchange rate. The price paid in AUD will be based on the actual exchange rate at the time any payments are made.|
|Pricing includes accommodation as specified, all meals, 10 dives, tanks, weights, boat, dive guide, GST, Service Charge & Green Tax. Speedboat Transfers ex-Male cost USD 40 each way and must be paid in cash to the resort.|
|The per person pricing above is indicative only: we show 7 night with 10/12 dive packages at high-end and lower-end rooms (singles & doubles) for the purposes of comparison. We can give you a price (and availability) for any combination of nights/dives you wish to undertake, which will include any discounts due to you as part of that package, and any exclusions, or items payable at the resort. Use the [Enquiry Form] button to give us your exact requirements and we'll give you the best deal we can.|
|Training School Type:||PADI||Nitrox Fill:|
|Air Fill||Number of Guides||2|
|Gear Hire||Number of Boats||1|
|Gear Sales||Number of Dive Sites|
This atoll is the Maldives’ most easterly and isn’t protected from the currents during the north-east monsoon. This helps attract sharks and mantas. There is also the possibility of seeing whale sharks. The upper parts of the channels’ outer reefs tend to have better corals.
There are two options for getting to Fulidhoo Dive Resort
1) Government ferry: this leaves 3x a week on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from Male Villingili Terminal at 10am, takes 3.5hours and costs USD 3.50. It’s very comfortable, especially in calm seas. To return to Male, it departs Fulidhoo on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10.30am, getting into Male around 2pm.
2) Speedboat: there are daily (except Fridays) scheduled speedboats at 11am from Male to Fulidhoo (the timetable is subject to change, so should be booked and confirmed in advance) which cost USD 40 per person each way and the transfer takes 1hr 15mins. Payment is made directly to the speedboat. These speedboats can also collect you from the airport at 10.30am before the Male pick up. To return, the speedboat departs at 2.10pm. There is also a speedboat departing Fulidhoo at 4.40pm on Fridays, and one departing Male on Thursdays at 4pm.
What to expect
The dive centre is in the heart of channel diving territory in the area. Night dives are particularly popular, especially to Alimatha house reef, where divers can encounter dozens of schooling nurse sharks (apparently one of the world’s largest congregations). Being comfortable in medium-strong current is advisable for this atoll. In the channels, divers can expect to see large numbers of nurse sharks all year round, as well as abundant pelagic life.
- Channel dives allow you to watch all marine life passing through the atolls
- Night dives to Alimatha to see nurse sharks up close
- Hammerhead safari dives, reached via speedboat
- Access to east and west of atoll, so perfect for year-round diving
Fulidhoo Dive has a range of equipment available to hire. All our fins are the latest from ScubaPro, as are our BCDs, regulators, masks and snorkels. We also provide custom wetsuits from Aqualung and Uwatech dive computers from ScubaPro. The Centre is certified as a Pure Air Station by Bauer. The centre offers all PADI courses up to Dive Master, and popular PADI specialities include Underwater Photography, Deep Diver, Underwater Videographer and Night Diver.
This is the place to come for plenty of shark action, with large congregations of nurse sharks and hammerheads.