|Site Type:||Scenic Reef|
|Depth:||Top: 8MMedian: 24MBottom: 30M|
|Location:||Between Mioskon and Cape Kri|
Blue Magic is one of the most popular sites in northern Raja Ampat. This open water reef runs to within 8 metres of the surface. Almost anything can be seen from mantas, sharks and tuna to massive schools of jacks and barracuda. Along the slopes and onto the reef top are a variety of fans, sponges and soft and hard corals.
Large corals heads provide protection for more reclusive reef inhabitants and those in need of a clean from obliging cleaner wrasse.
Literally anything can appear along the way.
Every surface is covered with life of one form or another: you just need to shine a light to see the amazing deep colours.
That said, it’s still a very accessible reef even for newer divers.
You’d be unlucky not to see a large school of jacks at some point during the dive.
Under every overhang you’ll find surgeons, squirrelfish and soldier fish hiding.
The triggerfish usually seem to be on their way to somewhere…
There are plenty of places to get down low and look for the small stuff too.
You might find yourself a tasselled wobbegong resting under a ledge.
- Ambai – Raja Ampat, Triton Bay, Banda Sea
- Amira – Raja Ampat, Komodo, Gorontalo
- Aurora – Komodo, Alor, Raja Ampat, Banda Sea
- Biodiversity Eco Resort, Gam Island, Raja Ampat
- Blue Manta, Komodo, Raja Ampat, Banda Sea
- Calico Jack Liveaboard Raja Ampat
- Damai Liveaboard, (Damai I), Raja Ampat, Komodo, Ambon
- Dewi Nusantara – Raja Ampat
- Emperor Raja Laut – Raja Ampat, Komodo, Ambon
- S/Y Indo Siren Raja Ampat, Komodo
- La Galigo Raja Ampat, Komodo
- Meridian Adventure Dive Resort, Raja Ampat
- Mermaid 1 Liveaboard Bali-Komodo and Raja Ampat
- Mermaid 2 Liveaboard Komodo and Raja Ampat
- Misool Eco Resort, Batbitim Island, Raja Ampat
- Ondina Liveaboard, Alor, Flores, Raja Ampat
- Gangga Divers at Papua Paradise Eco Resort, Raja Ampat
- Pindito Liveaboard, Komodo and Raja Ampat
- Putri Papua Liveaboard, Raja Ampat and Komodo
- Raja 4 Divers Pulau Pef Raja Ampat
- Raja Ampat Aggressor: Raja Ampat, Banda Sea and Derawan Islands
- Raja Ampat Dive Lodge, Mansuar Island, Raja Ampat
- Raja Ampat Explorer Liveaboard – Raja Ampat, Banda Sea
- Sea Safari 8 – Raja Ampat & Cendarawasih Bay
- Seven Seas Liveaboard, Komodo, Raja Ampat, Banda Sea
- Tambora Liveaboard, Raja Ampat, Triton Bay, Halmahera & Derawan Islands
- TemuKira Liveaboard – Raja Ampat
- White Manta Liveaboard, Raja Ampat, Komodo, Banda, Kalimantan