Terms and conditions for the Ocean Film Festival competition are as follows.
- Entry to the Ocean Film Festival competition is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years and over only. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Instructions on ‘How to Enter’ form part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
- To enter tell us in 25 words or less where you would like to go diving when travel restrictions are lifted. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed ineligible and will be discarded.
- There is a limit of one prize per member. No responsibility is accepted for late entries.
- Promotion commences 5 May 2020 at 11:01 AEDST and concludes with the last entrant received 10:59 on Friday 8 May 2020. The competition will be judged by a panel of judges nominated by Diveplanit Travel. Judging will begin on 8 May 2020 at 11:00 EST at Diveplanit premises at 96 Smith Avenue, Allambie Heights. The winner will be notified using contact details provided in their entry and announced in the Diveplanit newsletter on 12 May 2020.
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit and originality. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Diveplanit reserves the right to remove posts or comments which are inappropriate, and/or suspend the accounts of users who are not acting within the spirit of a friendly competition.
- Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of a prize occurring between the date of printing and the date the prize is claimed. Prize value mentioned is the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing.
- The best entry as determined by the judges will win a Promo Code to access the Best of Ocean Film Festival which is available to view from Midday to Midnight on Sunday 8 May 2020.
- Diveplanit will email the winners with a Promo Code and instructions on how to access the films.
- Any part of the prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries or for any prizes damaged in transit.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; and/or (f) redemption of the prize.
- Where prize is awarded in the form of a voucher/letter/ ticket or pass, the Promoter shall not be liable for any voucher/letter/ ticket or pass that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of voucher/ letters/ tickets and passes is subject to terms and conditions stipulated on voucher/letter/ ticket/ pass.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries.
- By entering the promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoters other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of accepting a prize.
- The Promoter has the right to alter the terms of the competition at its discretion, throughout the duration of the competition.
The Promoter is Diveplanit Travel Pty Ltd.
- Privacy. Certain personal information is requested on becoming a member, including your name, email address, postal address, phone number and postcode. Some of this information (including sensitive information) is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is entitled to member-privileged services, and as such is mandatory. Other types of information are collected to help us profile who is using these services and what their interests are. Information of this type is optional and need only be filled in if you wish to do so.
We value your trust in Diveplanit. Your information will be held in the strictest confidence. The information we collect from your use of our site enables us to provide a better service that is tailored to your needs and helps us to identify the areas of our site that are popular and those that are not.
Diveplanit or its sponsors will not disclose any personal information about you except under the following circumstances:
(i) You would reasonably expect us to use the personal information for that purpose; and
(ii) That other purpose is related to the primary purpose; or
(iii) You consent to such use; or
(iv) When required by Law.
Diveplanit may share non-personal, aggregate information about our visitors and members with unrelated third parties, including sponsors and advertisers. Diveplanit will not share personally identifiable information about any visitor and / or member with unrelated third parties without obtaining the consent of such visitor and / or member.
Diveplanit will not sell or disclose your personal information to unrelated third parties without your consent. However, on particular pages where we ask for your personal information, we may explicitly tell you that the data we are collecting on that page might be shared with third parties, such as our sponsors or parties providing services to our visitors and / or members. In such cases, your act of disclosure of your personal information shall be deemed as your specific consent and shall override anything to the contrary in this policy statement and / or Terms and Conditions. Further information can be found in our privacy statement. You will find a link to our Privacy Statement at the foot of every page on this website.