|Site Type:||Volcanic pinnacle island with massive diversity from pelagics to nudis|
|Depth:||Top: 5MMedian: 17MBottom: 30M|
|Location:||Towards the south on the eastern side of Sipadan|
There is a very clear drop-off from the 4 m reef top and potentially current flowing. Also, like many of the sites around Sipadan be prepared for a distinct thermocline with probably about 30°C above and 25°C below creating an area of haze.
The first thing that strikes you are the pretty coral stacks everywhere.
The quality and extent of the branching coral will impress anyone.
The second thing is the diversity of fish: damsels, surgeons, butterfly, and angels. Also lots of unicorn fish and snapper especially midnight snapper, and even Yellow fin snapper
Fortunately the Bignose Unicornfish is unaware of the name we have for him.
And like most sites around Sipadan, look out for turtles resting on the ledges.
There are plenty of porcupines and puffers, including the White-spotted puffer.
There are smaller parrotfish (not just the Bumpheads), and plenty of wrasse of ever hue (and saturation)
Variable Thorny Oysters cling to the reef walls.
There are few resting sharks here, but you’ll usually see a few paasing through on their way to White Tip Avenue.
No dive is complete without playing hide and seek with the anemonefish.
It’s not called Coral Gardens for nothing.
Other Dive Sites
- Awas Reef – Scuba Junkie House Reef, Mabul, Sabah
- Barracuda Point, Sipadan, Sabah
- Clement Reef, Pulau Gaya, Sabah
- Eel Garden, Mabul, Sabah
- Froggys Mabul, Sabah
- Kapalai House Reef, Mabul, Sabah
- Lobster Wall, Mabul, Sabah
- Panglima Reef, Mabul, Sabah
- Pyramid, Pulau Mamutik, Sabah
- Ribbon Valley, Mabul, Sabah
- Sapi Shore, Pulau Sapi, Sabah
- Seaventures House Reef, Mabul, Sabah
- Stingray City, Mabul, Sabah
- Turtle Patch, Sipadan, Sabah