This 4-night expedition diving the Ribbon Reefs is from Cairns to Cairns and continues on from the last conference day excursion, and includes the cost of the conference day trip. After a day diving Saxon, Norman or Hastings reefs, explore the Ribbon Reefs from Ribbon Reef 3 to Ribbon Reef 10. Dive sites visited include Steve’s Bommie, Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie’s Pinnacle, Clam Garden, Challenger Bay and more (depending on conditions).
- 4-Day Ribbon Reefs and Minke Whales
- Dates: 9 to 13 June 2023
- Possible 16 dives
- Diver Double Cabin – $2,052
- Diver Twin Cabin – $1,938
- Snorkeler Double Cabin – $1,954
- Snorkeler Twin Cabin – $1,843
- Gear hire: $160.00
Inclusions: expect all the inclusions of a standard liveaboard package which is all meals, tea and coffee, and the usual dive package: air-filled tanks, weights, dive guide; linen (but no towels!), return transfers in Cairns between city hotel and transfer boat on charter days.
Exclusions: Reeftax AUD 80.00, bar bill, tipping, personal purchases
A fuel levy may be applied.
Here’s a sample itinerary (dive sites visited will depend on conditions on the day):
- 09 June Embark AquaQuest for a day diving Saxon, Norman or Hastings Reef, before transferring to OceanQuest. You’ll enjoy one more afternoon dive and one night dive before steaming to the Ribbon Reefs overnight.
- 10 June Wake up at Steve’s Bommie on Ribbon Reef 3. You will enjoy four dives today, two at Steve’s Bommie and two others (including one night dive) at various other sites on the upper Ribbon Reefs.
- 11 June Four dives are included in today’s itinerary. Your two morning dives will be at Lighthouse Bommie on Ribbon Reef 10, where most interactions with minke whales take place.
- 12 June Explore more of the Great Barrier Reef at various dive sites along the Ribbon Reefs over four incredible dives – two in the morning, one in the afternoon & one night dive.
- 13 June Wake up to your last morning on OceanQuest. After breakfast, you will be transferred back to your Cairns city accommodation at approximately 9am.