Price: From USD 1902
Travel between: 24 Sep 22 to 01 Oct 22
Book between: 08 Aug 22 and 17 Sep 22
Coral conservation in action!
Join Atlantis and partners: Coral Restoration Foundation, The Living Planet Aquarium, and The Mead Foundation to help build and maintain the largest coral nursery in Dauin.
Coral Reefs are a fascinating underwater ecosystem, complex and ancient habitats, over 500 million years old! Often referred to as “rainforests of the sea,” they are a critical component of life in the ocean. Coral reef ecosystems are one of the most biodiverse in the world, inhabiting around 25% of all marine species, including sharks and sea turtles, crustaceans, and schooling fish.
Coral reefs are sensitive to water conditions, which affect their health. They are under threat from various factors, mostly derived by human activity. We have lost more than half of the world’s coral reefs in the last 30 years, and without immediate action, all shallow water coral reefs may vanish by the end of this century. Understanding the importance of collaborative effort through education, Atlantis Dive Resorts has teamed with three incredible NGOs (Non Governmental Organizations) to bring coral restoration to the heart and core of Atlantis Resorts.
- When: September 24- Oct 1, 2022
- 7 nights accommodation
- Full board
- Up to 30 dives (unlimited diving, up to 5 dives a day)
- Price: USD 1902 pp twin share
What’s Happening This Week?
- Educational sessions
- Learn about coral ecology and the unique conservation techniques developed by Coral Restoration Foundation™
- Learn about coral restoration efforts in the Philippines, using the above techniques, which were brought by the Living Planet Aquarium and the MEAD foundation.
- Restoration dives
- Collect broken coral fragments from the reef and place them on the nursery trees
- Plant corals back on the reef **
- Fun dive at Dauin’s amazing sites
- Have an amazing dive vacation and make a difference!